Apply to the UF Graduate School!
The University of Florida welcomes your application to the UF Graduate School, one of the highest quality and most affordable opportunities for higher education available today.
Please read the information on this webpage and follow all instructions carefully, so you can make the application process work smoothly for you. All the forms, codes and addresses you need to apply are provided here.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact the department you want to major in. They will be happy to help you.
Please note: The UF Graduate School is not involved at all in processing applications or making admissions decisions. Your department is your primary contact for both. If you have questions about the online application process, please contact the UF Office of Admission directly through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each webpage on its website: UF Office of Admission.
How the Application Process Works
Two UF units evaluate your application to the UF Graduate School: the UF Office of Admission, which determines your eligibility for admission to the university, and the department you want to major in, which determines your eligibility for its graduate program. If you are a non-US applicant, the UF International Center also evaluates your proof of pre-existing funds after you are admitted to determine your eligibility for a student visa.
Each of these units needs specific materials from you to make a decision. Please make sure you send the materials listed below to the correct unit, so your application is not held up by lack of information or missing required documents.
How To Apply
(1) Contact the department you want to major in to find out its application requirements and deadlines.
(2) Read all the information and instructions on this webpage about the application process.
(3) Read all the information and instructions on the UF Office of Admission graduate admissions webpages, by clicking on this link: UF Office of Admission: Graduate Admissions.
(4) Fill out and submit your online application and application fee payment here: Online Application. If you do not have computer access and cannot use the online application system, use this PDF version of the graduate admissions application to apply by mail: Graduate Admissions Application Form.
(5) Have your official test scores (FE, GMAT, GRE, IELTS, MELAB, TOEFL, TSE) and transcripts (with official English translations of them, if the originals are not in English) sent to the UF Office of Admission (POB 114000, 201 Criser Hall, Gainesville FL 32611-4000, USA).
(6) Send the following materials to the department you want to major in: statement of purpose (letter of intent), resume or curriculum vitae, recommendation letters, test scores (FE, GMAT, GRE, IELTS, MELAB, TOEFL, TSE), transcripts (with official English translations of them, if the originals are not in English) and, if applicable, a fellowship/assistantship application form, or any other materials required by your department. (You also can submit your statement of purpose and recommendation letters online as part of the UF Office of Admission's online application now.)(7) If you are a non-US applicant, send your Certification of Financial Responsibility Form to the UF International Center (POB 113225, 123 Grinter Hall, Gainesville FL 32611-3225, USA).
(7) E-mail your department and let it know that you have submitted your application online.
There is a nonrefundable $30 fee for each application you submit to a UF graduate program. You can pay this fee online by credit card or via mail with a bank check made payable to the "University of Florida." Payment must be in US funds. Your application cannot be processed without a fee payment. The university cannot waive or defer this fee, except for participants in designated sponsored programs.
Test Score Codes
The University of Florida's school code for submission of GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and TSE scores is 5812.
Supplemental Admissions Forms
The UF Office of Admission has a number of supplemental forms that you may need to fill out and send to it as part of your application process. You can find these forms online by clicking on this link: UF Office of Admission Forms.