Texas Education Code (TEC) 51.803-51.809 ( State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy) requires that all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible to be considered for admission at a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the recommended or advanced/distinguished high school program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced/distinguished high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the SAT or ACT assessment
- SAT – 1500 out of 2400 (Verbal + Math + Writing)
- ACT – 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Mathematics and 24 Science
Exemptions from the Policy
To claim an exemption from the Policy, students must submit one of the two Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board exemption forms completed by the high school counselor or other school official in addition to all other required credentials for admission by the January 15th closing date. The forms below can be printed and submitted via the instructions on either two forms.
More info : http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/