Veterinary university colleges and schools in all countries

Used to viewFlash Player 9 or higher.

Show all tags

Bilotserkivskiy national agrarian university (Белоцерковский НАУ)

Bilotserkivskiy national agrarian university (Белоцерковский НАУ)

History of university

Educational traditions in Bila Tserkva are rather old. Historical connection between the previous educational institutions and the modern agrarian university which comes from Vinnytsa collegium can be observed easily.
1630. Superior Marzin Zelenskiy established a collegium at a Jesuit monastery in Vinnytsa, the centre of Bratslav area. The collegiums trained pupils in Grammar and Poetry and since 1632 in Oratory as well.
1789. An area school was founded in the building of the former Jesuit collegiums: four professors taught in the school. The school got a status of a regional professional school in 1979.
1814. Vinnytsa regional professional school was reorganized into Podil academician gymnasium which gat a name of Vinnytsa regional professional school
1843. V.Branitskyi, the owner of Bila Tserkva, signed the act according to which he presented Bila Tserkva a one storied stone building for a gymnasium and carved 50,000 roubles out to build a new building. The Emperor awarded Y. Wolman with a golden snuffbox for constructing the Bila Tserkva gymnasium.
1847. Vinnytsa gymnasium was shifted to Bila Tserkva with the library (6965 volumes), collection of minerals and equipment for Physics classroom.
Russian, Church Slavonic, Russian Grammar, Latin, French and German, History, Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Arts and Writing were taught in the gymnasium at the opening period.
1868. At the initiative of the gymnasium director Mykhailo Chalyi a temple of St Apostles Archippus and Philemon was opened on the third floor of the main building. The temple accommodated 500 people.
The temple was consecrated in February, 19th.
1883. The professional school was transformed into a classical gymnasium. This process was over in 1890 by setting up two gymnasiums – male and female – which existed till 1917.
1920. According to the resolution of Kyiv regional revolutionary committee an agricultural technical school was settled on the basis of Bile Tserkva classical gymnasium. The school was allocated in the building of the former gymnasium in nice buildings with sufficient number of classrooms and utility rooms.
1921. According to the resolution of Kyiv region department of education the agricultural technical college was incorporated with an industrial college which resulted in increase of the number of college students. Technical colleges functioned as higher education institutions.
1923. Students ofthe broken Tarashcha mechanization college joined the mechanization department: in 1924 students of Smila agricultural college joined it as well.
1924. At the proposal of State Commissariat of Education the mechanization department began training the specialists in agriculture mechanization.
1924. Field-husbandry and mechanization departments remained there. Agronomy and mechanization professional schools opened at that time and organization of auxiliary structural units (a library, rooms of Botanic Planting, Pedology, Animal Husbandry, Mathematics-Geodesy, Mechanics, Machine Studying, Machines Equipment; laboratories of General Chemistry, Agricultural Analysis, Drawing was completed.
1926. Technical college was named Bila Tserkva agricultural polytechnic college. Educational plans and programs had been improved and the level of specialists training had increased.
1941. More than 1200 teachers, students and workers left to defend their Motherland. Four of them became the Heroes of the Soviet Union
1944. A systematic recruitment of first year Veterinary and Agronomy department students was resumed.
1946. The first post-war graduate party of agronomists and veterinary doctors
1949-1950. A post-graduate branch was established at the departments of Anatomy, Epizootology, Histology, Selection and Seedage and General Crop Farming.
1955. The first specialized scientific councils of candidate and doctor degrees defence were constituted.
1964. A big scientific laboratory of winter wheat selection was established at the Agronomy department. New sorts of wheat BTsSG-1 and BTsSG-2 were selected at the laboratory.
1990. Economic department was established. The department became the Economics Faculty in 1992.
1996. Department of International Affairs was established. The main tasks the Department performed were to establish and maintain close contacts with foreign countries and joining the world educational community.
2007. The university was given a National status for its contribution into agrarian sector of the country, for the results of the university activity in training specialists and for the results of its international activity.

Veterinary Medicine

Faculty of veterinary medicine is one of the oldest faculties both in the university and in Ukraine. The faculty was established in 1931 when the institution was given a name of Bila Tserkva zooveterinary institute. The institute began training veterinary medicine doctors in 1937. Veterinary and zootechny faculties of the institute were combined and  the training period was extended to five years and a half to train wide section specialists. The institute base was destroyed in 1941-1944 and after the Great Patriotic  the restoration was done. By 1948 all the chairs had been restored.  
Many famous scientists worked at the faculty. Among them were prof. A.Akaevskiy, N.Tolstova-Pariyska, Y.Kadykov, V.Steletskiy, O.Skomorokhov, O.Matorin, P. Kovalskiy and other scientists who became doctors (A.Makhanko, F.Milovanov, M.Kovbasenko, A.Burdenyuk). A lot of assistants working at the faculty wirth mentioning as well: V.Sheremetyev,  S.Anisina, R.Plakhotnya, G.Kovalska, S.Gortsevskiy, L.Tarasevych, P.Kalinichenko, F.Satskov, A.Kostenko, M.Dozorets, S.Gozhenko. Their hard work and their knowledge added much to training veterinary medicine doctors.
M.Voskresenskiy and P.Kovalskiy were the deans of the faculty in after was period. Their work aimed at restoring the faculty and its base. They  were also in charge of organization and control in educational process and the students employment.
The deans of the faculty were also M.Krykunov (1950-1952), S.Gortsevskiy (1952-1956), A.Burdenyuk (1956-1959), M.Kovbasenko (1959-1965), A.Zhurbenko (1965-1974), I.Babak (1974-1985), M.Vovchenko (1985-1987), B.Yarchuk (1987-2002), M.Rublenko (2002-2008). D.Podvalyuk is a dean of the faculty now.

The stuff of the faculty has always been in dynamic search. Among its graduators there are ministers and academicians, workers of research institutions, officials of regional and district  institutions.

The faculty won the first place in the rating of the veterinary education institutions. According to the decision of 17th General Assembly  of European veterinary education institutions the faculty was included into this International educational establishment. It is believed to be the first step on the way towards European accreditation of the faculty.
The faculty closely collaborates with acknowledged institutions of veterinary educations such as Lion National School, Veterinary schools in Davis (California, USA), Hannover (Germany), Zurich University. About the third part of the faculty staff  had intern in veterinary schools and clinics of Europe and the USA. The faculty has achieved significant success in educational and scientific work.

The manuals written by the staff won the competition for the title of the best manual.
Students of the faculty have won a lot of different contests and competitions among the students of veterinary faculties.

There are laboratories with modern diagnostic and treating equipment, operating-rooms and many other facilities at the faculty.

09117, Ukraine, Kiev regl., c. Bila Tserkva, Soborna pl. 8/1


Related Articles
  • Lithuanian veterinary academy
  • Dnipropetrovs'k State Agrarian University Veterinary Faculty
  • The Stavropol state agrarian university The veterinary medicine faculty
  • Kharkov Zooveterinary Institute
  • The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Nap ...

  • Home

    News Calendar

    «    June 2018    »

    Popular Articles