Veterinary university colleges and schools in all countries

Used to viewFlash Player 9 or higher.

Show all tags

The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Iaşi

The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was formed in Iaşi in 1961. In 1974 it was combined with the Faculty of Animal Husbandry, becoming the Section of Veterinary Medeicine of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine. After further reorganisation in 1986, the faculty transferered to the Faculty of Agriculture, becoming the Department of Veterinary Science.
From 1990, the institution re-entered the academic environment as the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, with a structure appropriate to modern educational principles in veterinary medicine. During it's 40 years of existence, approximately 3000 vets have been educated and are now distributed worlswide
Universitatea de Ştiinţe Agricole şi Medicină Veterinară "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" este o instituţie specializată în învătămantul superior agronomic şi medical veterinar, cu o anvergură la nivel naţional şi european, avand ca misiune fundamentală formarea de ingineri (specializaţi în agricultură, montanologie, horticultură, zootehnie, inginerie economică, prelucrarea produselor agricole) licentiaţi în biologie agricolă şi doctori medici veterinari.
USAMV Iaşi a cunoscut în ultimii zece ani o dinamică progresivă prin dezvoltarea de noi specializări in cadrul facultăţilor existente.
- Facultatea de Agricultură (cu specializările: Agricultură, Montanologie, Inginerie economică în agricultură, Tehnologia prelucrării produselor agricole, Biologie);
- Facultatea de Horticultură (cu specializările: Horticultură, Peisagistică, Ingineria mediului);
- Facultatea de Zootehnie (cu specializările: Zootehnie; Piscicultură şi acvacultură, Inginerie şi management în alimentaţia publică şi agroturism, Controlul şi expertiza produselor alimentare);
- Facultatea de Medicină Veterinară (cu specializarea Medicina veterinară).
USAMV Iaşi este membru:
- AUF (Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie)
- EUA (European University Association)
- membru fondator al IAESTE Romania (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience)
The beginnings of the Moldavian agricultural education go back in time to the first half of the 19th century, namely between 1842 -1848 when the first great Romanian agronomist, Ion Ionescu de la Brad, delivered the first lectures on agriculture at the "Academia Mihaileana" Iasi. Following the insistent approaches of a group of enthusiastic professors, the academic board of the "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi, voted unanimously, on May 2nd 1905, what, later on, the Ministry of Culture and Public Instruction would approve, i.e. the setting up of the Departments of Agricultural Chemistry and Technological Chemistry, within the Faculty of Science.
1912 is considered to be the year of birth of tertiary agricultural education in Iasi. The Law of Tertiary Education, published in the Official Monitor on March 27th, stipulated the establishment of the Agricultural Sciences Department within the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Iasi. Thus, an agricultural school made its debut in Iasi, with modern lectures, grouped in two categories, preparatory and agricultural, supported by an experienced academic staff: Haralamb Vasiliu, Agricola Cardas, Ioan Borcea, Autonom Georgescu, Alexandru Obregia, Ion Constantineanu.
The Great Union of 1918 once again brought together the historic territory of the Romanians and increased the economic potential, mainly agricultural, of the Great Romania. In this new socio-economic framework, Professor Agricola Cardas, who was appointed Head of the Agricultural Department from Basarabia, submitted a memorial to the Ministry of Public Instruction, in 1926, in which he asked that the Moldavian tertiary agricultural education be transferred from Iasi to Chisinau, the capital of a region with high agricultural potential.
The Official Monitor nr. 82/April 9th 1933 contained the Law for turning the Section of Agricultural Sciences of the University of Iasi into the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of the "Al. I. Cuza" University of Iasi, with its headquarters in Chisinau. The faculty board, represented by Professors Haralamb Vasiliu (Agricultural Chemistry), Agricola Cardas (Animal Husbandry), Nicolae Florov (Agrogeology) and Constantin Motas (Zoology) appointed Professor Haralamb Vasiliu (1933-1936, 1938-1940) as dean. Under the headship of the dean, Professor Agricola Cardas (1936-1938), the new faculty was reorganised and the academic and financial regulations were established.
In 1940 Romania suffered its greatest national tragedy, the loss of Basarabia, North Bucovina and Herta, North Transylvania and South Dobrogea, equivalent to more than a third of the national territory. In this totally new political climate, originating in the abusive annexation of Basarabia by the former Soviet Union, the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of Chisinau was repealed in October 1940 through the Decree-law 3463/15. The academic staff and part of the assets were transferred to Iasi, where, after twelve months of debates and special administrative efforts, the Faculty of Agriculture was once again established in accordance with the Law 922/ October, 17th 1941.
The dean, Prof. Neculai Zamfirescu, summoned the majority of the academic staff in Iasi, thus making possible the beginning of a new academic year for the Faculty of Agriculture, reborn from its own ashes, on January 15th 1942. During the harsh times of the Second World War, the faculty experienced enormous administrative difficulties, climaxing in the evacuation at Geoagiu Hunedoara, in September 1944. The most dedicated students and profes-sors, who overcame the hardships of exile, including Prof. Constantin Oescu (1944-1947), resumed lectures on the premises of the Aurel Vlaicu High School, on January 15th 1945.
In April 1945, the Faculty returned to Iasi. In 1948, throught the Decree of August 3rd and the decision of the Ministry of Education 26237/ October 24th, the reorganisation of the Romanian tertiary education system was initiated, including agricultural education in the capital and other major cities.
By reform of Higher Education in 1948, the Agronomical Institute was set up in Iasi and in 1951 it moved to its present residence in Copou and it functioned having the following organizational structure: the Faculty of Agrotechniques, with General Agrotechniques Section, the Faculty of Horticulture, with Horticulture and Animal Husbandry sections. In 1956 the name of the establishment becomes the Agronomical Institute "Ion Ionescu de la Brad", with a duration of studies of five years. On September 11th, 1961, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was set up within the institute.
Beginning with 1962 the sections were transformed into the Faculty of Agriculture, the Faculty of Horticulture and the Faculty of Animal Husbandry. Starting with 1974 - 1975 academic year the duration of studies was reduced to four years, for the engineer profile. In September 1986, the four faculties of the Institute were united into one, the Faculty of Agronomy, with four specializations: agriculture, horticulture, veterinary medicine and animal husbandry, functioning in this way till January 1990, when the specializations become faculties again.
In 1991 the Agricultural College was set up, with a duration of studies of tree years, having the following specializations: Landscape Gardening, Hygiene and Veterinary Laboratory, Viticulture-Pomiculture and Wine Technology and in 1992, Small Animal Husbandry section was founded. The same year it was set up the section of Mountain Agriculture and Agrotourism, belonging to the Faculty of Agriculture. Since 1992 - 1993 academic year the name of the Institute has become the Agronomical University "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" and since 1996 the "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine.


Contact 

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - UASVM Iaşi
Address: Aleea Mihail Sadoveanu nr.8, 700489, Iaşi, România
Telephone: 0040 232 219113 Fax: 0040 232 219113
E-mail: secr_vet@uaiasi.ro


http://www.univagro-iasi.ro/

Related Articles
  • University of Agronomy and Veterinary Medicine - Iasi
  • The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Nap ...
  • Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
  • Lithuanian veterinary academy
  • BANAT UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND VETERINARY MEDICINE TIMISOARA

  • Home

    News Calendar

    «    March 2019    »
     
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12
    13
    14
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    21
    22
    23
    24
    25
    26
    27
    28
    29
    30
    31

    Popular Articles